[ltp] T43 or T43p and APM?

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 19:15:06 +0100

Anselm R. Garbe wrote:
 > It's Linux, so how one could expect 100% reliability from 4.5
 > millions SLOC

Seems like I was a bit unprecise: Suspending to RAM and Disk (Disk is
more important) should work 100% reliably.  That's what the user is used
to from his current machine (Mitac 5033 with PII 266 and IIRC 80 GB of
RAM) which, however, is *dog slow*.

> Anyway, suspend to disk works fine on a recent T43 with vanilla
> kernels, same with suspend to ram,

Thanks, it's nice to know that APM works fine for this, except for:

 > if you don't have any USB devices attached...

Could you be a bit more specific.  AFAICS, only USB mass storage devices
will be attached, occasionally.

--
Felix E. Klee