[ltp] T40, ACPI, and sleeping

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:02:47 +0100

Steffen Dreise wrote:
> Hi i have an t42P the option acpi_sleep=s3_bios is running correctly for
> me. Bevore i got the same fusy things like eric.
>

> $ cat /etc/acpi/actions/Fn-F4.sh
> #!/bin/sh
> radeontool light off
> if lsmod | grep '^usbhid' >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -r -s usbhid
> fi
> if lsmod | grep '^uhci_hcd' >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -r -s uhci_hcd
> fi
> if lsmod | grep '^ehci_hcd' >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -r -s ehci_hcd
> fi
> logger "Fn+F4 Suspending to RAM"
> sync
> hwclock --systohc
> #echo -n mem > /sys/power/state
> echo -n 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
> hwclock --hctosys
> if !(lsmod | grep '^ehci_hcd') >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -s ehci_hcd
> fi
> if !(lsmod | grep '^uhci_hcd') >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -s uhci_hcd
> fi
> if !(lsmod | grep '^usbhid')   >/dev/null ; then
>     /sbin/modprobe -s usbhid
> fi
> logger "Resuming from Fn+F4 Suspending to RAM"
> radeontool light on

Many of these things can probably be made much more simple.

James (and other friends),
please see a wiki page on this topic in which I have also attached many
files (the complied kernel, the patches, many config files) hoping it
will be able to help someone. Please let me know if you found it helpful
and any corrections/additions.

http://chefacciamo.xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/Debian/ACPIpowerOK

HTH,
Bob