[ltp] TPM under TP42 and Linux 2.6.11rc2

Bjørn Mork linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 02 Feb 2005 19:05:21 +0100

Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> writes:
> Jerome Poggi <Jerome.Poggi@hsc.fr> writes:
>
>> Did somebody try to install TPM driver http://thinkwiki.org/Tpm under
>> T4x and especially T42.
>
> Yes, with the same results.

But then, inspired by this question, I decided to try the patches that
have been posted to linux-kernel over the past couple of months.  And
they worked!  I also found this mailing list, where you can find the
same patches and some discussion of them:

You'll also need some software to use the driver:
 cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/trousers login
 cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/trousers co -P trousers

But I guess there still something wrong somewhere.  The error has just
moved from the driver to userspace:

obelix:/usr/local# /usr/local/sbin/tcsd
TCSD tcsd_conf.c:510 resetting mode of /usr/local/var/tpm to: 01777
TCS tcs_utils.c:164 ERROR: get_max_auths reported only 1 auth available!
TCS tcs_utils.c:165 ERROR: Your TPM must be reset before the TCSD can be started.

Bjørn