[ltp] keyboard screwed up after coming back from sleep

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 20:12:49 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 02, 2005 at 11:56:22PM -0500, Eben King wrote:
> > On Wed, 2 Feb 2005, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> >
> > > So, sometimes, just sometimes, my keyboard mapping is all broken when I come
> > > back from sleep (like space generating multiple characters and so forth)
> > >
> > > I can go back to text mode by ssh'ing in and chvt 1
> > > d gives HH
> > > g gives ..
> > > enter doesn't work
> > > space is ``
> > > tab is ==
> > > etc...
> > >
> > > 1) can I avoid that?
> > > 2) how can I restore the keyboard to normal operation (at least through
> > >    remote ssh)?
> >
> > If you can find a way to type "<some repeatable string><enter>", how
> > about aliasing that to "reset"?  Beforehand, that is, since you
> > obviously can't do it at the time
>
> I haven't even been able to find enter yet :(

mmm maybe ^J then?

> But the problem isn't that, I can ssh in remotely and type commands.
> reset won't fix the keyboard

Well, "reset" only applies to the terminal it's called from IIRC.

Now that I look at it more closely, I see that you're always getting doubles
of some (wrong) character.  So maybe there's a speed mismatch somewhere?  I
looked at the binary values representing ASCII, keycodes (appears to be the
same as ASCII at least for stuff I can type directly), and keysyms (no
capitals), and nothing stood out.  Maybe the keyboard driver needs to be
reloaded?  Heck if I know how to do that, though.

             Hi!  I'm a .sig virus!  Copy me to your .sig!