[ltp] ACPI suspend problem on T23

James Mckenzie linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:28:21 -0600 (CST)

Khosrow Hassani said about ACPI suspend problem on T23:

 > Hello all,
 > I am running Debian Sarge on my IBM ThinkPad t23 and I
 > just upgraded to kernel 2.6.8. I compiled the kernel
 > from the source with Debian distribution patches.
 > to make the ThinkPad special keys work, I downloaded
 > version 0.8 of ibm_acpi module source from
 > http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/. making and installing the
 > module went smoothly. then I wrote appropriate scripts
 > in /proc/acpi/events and /proc/acpi/actions to send
 > command 3 to /proc/acpi/sleep when pressing Fn-F4 key
 > combination. my laptop goes to sleep when I do so, but
 > the problem is that after resuming (I have to press
 > poweron key ), my external mouse and network stop
 > working!! I don't think this is a problem of ibm_acpi,
 > because I also tried the hibernation package from
 > Debian with sysfs_power_state method and got exactly
 > the same problem. I think ACPI is not just capable
 > enough to communicate with my BIOS properly. I have
 > the latest BIOS version from IBM site installed.
 > does anybody have any idea why this is not working?

Khosrow:

You may need to add more to your action file.  I suggest adding the following:

/sbin/hotplug stop
before invoking the sleep/hibernate command and

/sbin/hotplug start
after the command.

Hotplug should find and reinable your devices.  I'm assuming that you are using a USB mouse in this case.

James McKenzie

This message was sent from a PCS Phone from Sprint.
Get a free PCS Mail account!
Sign up via the Web Browser on your Sprint Phone
or at http://www.sprintpcs.com.