[ltp] Re: ACPI suspend problem on T23

khosrow hassani linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 10 Feb 2005 11:45:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
thanks for your replies.
No, I haven't used any kernel version higher than
2.6.8.
I don't remember the BIOS version, but it is the
latest one available on IBM site and I don't even know
what the power management firmware is! can I also find
it on IBM site?
I tried stopping hotplug and networking daemons before
suspending (in Debian they are actually in
/etc/init.d)
directory, but had the same problem. my USB mouse and
network freeze about one minute after resuming!!
I have already spent days figuring this out and am fed
up with all this ACPI business! for the moment I just
shut it down when I want to close the lid.

 thanks anyway,
  Khosrow

=====
growing OLD is mandatory, growing UP is optional !