[ltp] thinkpad with external monitor howto (2001FP)

Shaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 12 Feb 2005 17:07:45 -0800

Hi All,

I've recently acquired a Dell 2001FP monitor and I've been having some
troubles configuring xorg to output in a resolution other than the resolution
of the T30, which is 1024x768.  I'd like to get this up to 1600x1200 when
connecting the external monitor to the thinkpad.  I've spent some time
googling around without much success.  Some of the solutions I've read
require setting up a vnc server, which I'd rather not do, if possible.  Is
there an easy way to do this? I'd very much appreciate some tips or helpful
URLs.

Thanks,
Shaw