[ltp] IBM Thinkpad BMPs

kain linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:23:56 +0100

Eben King wrote:
> My T40's boot screen says "IBM" and something about F12, no mention of
> Centrino.  I also have access to a T41 which says "IBM" and _does_ mention
> Centino, but as I rarely use it I'm not sure of its specifics.  Would either
> of these do?  If so, how do I extract the BIOS?

Thanks for your response, that's the problem, I know how to flash a bios
to put a custom bootscreen, as seen on ThinkWiki, but I really have no
idea how to extract those images.
If you download a bios .exe from IBM and then use cabextract to extract
.BIN files and you mount it, you will see that there's no BMP in there,
just a .scr and .mod file.
BTW I tried only one bios file, the current of my Thinkpad R50e, no clue
about the others.

kain