[ltp] Re: ACPI suspend problem on T23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:48:30 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 10. Februar 2005 02:05 schrieb Michael Perry:

> Finally, what is the bios revision you are running and have you updated
> both that and the power management firmware of late?  That helps out
> quite a bit.

Hello Michael,

Today I searched on the IBM webpage for the power management firmware, but
I didn't found a single reference to it. That doesn't mean much given the
overwhelming amount of material on IBMs webpage. Can you give me any
hint? I tried searching several variants. I will try again tomorrow when
I have broad band access.

Well I did found a newer BIOS version and a newer version of the embedded
controller program than the one I am using. I didn't expect IBM would do
any updates for T23 anymore. I will try those definately as the change
notes hint at that some things regarding ACPI were fixed.

I was lacking time to get further in getting suspend to work on my
ThinkPad. But I think sooner or later I give it another try with a self
compiled kernel 2.6.10.

Regards,