[ltp] Sound in FC3 (udev)

Jo Jo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:12:34 -0500

>Jo Jo wrote:
>>I've installed FC3 on this ThinkPad 600E, and I've never gotten the sound
>>to work right. lspci gives:
>>
>>00:06.0 Multimedia audio controller: Cirrus Logic CS 4610/11 [CrystalClear
>>SoundFusion Audio Accelerator] (rev 01)
>>
>>so it seemed to make sense that I compile the SND_CS46XX module into the
>>kernel. Yeah, I've rolled my own (2.6.10). So, how come I get the message
>>"/dev/dsp: can't be opened (no such file or directory)" when I start up? I
>>think it might have something to do w/udev. It wouldn't be the first
>>/dev-related problem I've had since going to FC3.
>>
>Go to IBMs web site for the proper entries you need in etc/modules.conf.

   I've searched through their support documentation (using keywords like
"modules.conf", "sound", "linux", and "kernel") and there doesn't appear to
be any such settings. I also don't have any /etc/modules.conf on my system.

MSNŽ Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling
get-togethers.
  Start enjoying all the benefits of MSNŽ Premium right now and get the
first two months FREE*.