[ltp] wireless and waproamd

Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:44:24 +0100

--=-ySKrWHGKrs0NRpHZqw9s

Hi,

On So, 2005-02-27 at 15:37 +1000, shorty wrote:
> Have gotten my wireless card working today with the madwifi drivers. :)
> Dunno why, as I dont have a wireless network, but I didnt have anything
> better to do. At the moment, the only places where I will be able to use
> it will be in public hotspots. I have installed waproamd but am having a
> brainfart trying to set it all up. What I want to do, is use the f5
> hotkey to fire up the card and then get waproamd to search for a network
> and configure it. Shouldnt be to difficult but am stuck at the moment.
> Also, just installed ifconfigd, and now my eth0 card is always up. I
> cant get it to go down with ifconfig. Does ifconfig always need the card
> up and then configures it when a cable is plugged in?

Can you specify your trouble with waproamd?
Also, did you realize that its not supported anymore and that there is a
successor called wpa_supplicant?
follow link: http://hostap.epitest.fi/wpa_supplicant/

I'm still running waproamd since i didn't have time so far to dig into
wpa_supplicant.

Can=C4t tell anything about ifplugd's behaviour.

Andr=E9.

--=-ySKrWHGKrs0NRpHZqw9s

--=-ySKrWHGKrs0NRpHZqw9s--