[ltp] hard disk spindown related lockups

Uwe Walter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:32:10 +0100

On Mo, 2005-02-28 at 09:12 -0500, sltp@rhythm.cx wrote:
> Can those who replied to this thread having the same problems (Shannon
> McMackin, Uwe Walter so far) let me know what filesystems you guys are
> using?

ext3.

> I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

"Feels" more like an OS bug, if you ask me. The HD simply does not wake
up properly, when it should and this hangs the system.

However, if I remember correctly (i'm not sure), mine *did* wake up on
these occasions (audible), but the system hung anyway, so it did
probably just not get noticed that the HD woke up, or timed out waiting
for it, or whatever...

Greetings, UW(e)