[ltp] Xandros

Joachim Schrod linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 2 Jan 2005 15:52:46 +0100

>>>>> "S" == SOTL  <sotl155360@earthlink.net> writes:

FWIW, my experience with SUSE on Thinkpads is good. I use it on my
Butterfly (CS701), on my T21, and on my T51. It was also installed on
diverse 560X that we owned.

S> I also recall that SuSE will not identify a Thinkpad monitor

I use SUSE distributions since years on my Thinkpads. If I took the
current distribution, it recognized my Thinkpad monitor all the time.

S> nor my WiFi network

SUSE 9.2 detects and configures ipw2100 on my T41.

S> and that when I attempted to configure DSL without having the
S> Thinkpad connected to DSL I was ask for a username and password.

I don't know about your part of the world, but here you have two
different DSL connection architectures: Either you use a router, and
then you don't have to configure DSL at all; it's simply Ethernet. Or
you connect directly; then PPPoE is used, and ISPs demand username and
password as authentication.

	Joachim

--
Joachim		     The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the