[ltp] X20 freezes on acpi suspend to RAM

Stefan Blum linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:05:17 +0100

Hi,
this might have been discussed some while ago since the X20 is not the newest
model - however, I did not find anything that relates to my specific
problem...

I'm running debian unstable with the distros 2.6.8 kernel and ACPI.
An "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state" initiates the suspend mode - everything
seems fine so far. But then, the notebook wont wake up. No keystroke will
wake it up, pressing the power button has no effect at all, the only chance
of getting it to run again is unplugging ac, removing the battery and booting
up once again.

Is this a known behaviour and how can I get my X20 to wake out of suspend?
Or would you suggest to use APM instead - which would mean compiling a new 2.6
kernel since when I tried using APM it just said my kernel wouldnt support
it.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Cheers,

Stefan