[ltp] X40...Fedora Core 3 or Suse 9.2?

Kenneth Papp linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 03 Jan 2005 12:32:43 -0900

I just got an X40 and have been using Linux for about 3 years on my
desktop.  I am most familiar with Fedora Core, although I have used
Mandrake and Suse as well.  It seems from what I have read that Suse 9.2
Pro supports many of the laptop's functions out of the box
(http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=8885&page=1), including
Fn-keys, and the built-in Intel Pro 2100 wifi card, while FC3 requires
much more tweaking under the hood.  I would like to read specific
comments from anyone using Suse 9.2 Pro or FC3 on their X40 regarding:

1) Intel Pro 2100 wifi card
2) Suspend to disk/RAM (lid open/close and/or Fn keys)
3) Battery life
4) External monitor support

I would like to get comments before I purchase Suse 9.2 Pro...I already
have FC3 on 4 CDs.  Thank you.  I am trying hard to become 100%
Windows-free.  Two desktops down...one laptop to go!