[ltp] Re: Re: Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:05:47 +0100

Grahame Bowland wrote:
> My 2373-3HM is also affected.. that's a T41 with a Radeon 9000. APM
> suspend is fine, but ACPI suspend doesn't turn the CD-ROM light off, the
> laptop feels warm (and cooks in my thermally insulated protective laptop
> bag).

In my case (and I invite all others to check the same) it is not the
CD-ROM light (which is the little ROUND light in the middle of the CD)
but the Ultrabay Light (rectangular on the top right corner of the
Ultrabay) and on top of this also the small green light of the Ethernet
plug on the left side of the TP and also if you have a mouse with lights
(for example my mouse is an IBM with a blue scrollpoint light) also that
remains on even removing the various USB modules.

Let us know.

Bob