[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Bob Alexander linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:35:27 +0100

Dear friends,
I hope this is not too much a FAQ but despite some searching could not
find solutions.

Problem is that whatever resolution set in GNOME for the LCD display,
the image sent to the projector appears to be cut, missinh 1/5th or so
if the left region and the top GNOME panel.

For the rest the projected display would be very very good.

My machine is a T40 (2373-92x) with an ATI Radeon 9000 32MB graphic
chip. Running Debian sid with a 2.6.10 kernel, GNOME, ibm-acpi
extensions and have set the proper scripts to respond to Fn+F7 events
using radeontool to enable or disable the dac which I infer is the
external display driver.

I have set the internal display to match the 1280x1024 capability of the
projector and also tried some radeontool stretch commands but the
invisible are persists.

Any ideas ?

TIA,
Bob