[ltp] Projected external display truncated.

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 11:56:10 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005, Bob Alexander wrote:

> I hope this is not too much a FAQ but despite some searching could not
> find solutions.
>
> Problem is that whatever resolution set in GNOME for the LCD display,
> the image sent to the projector appears to be cut, missinh 1/5th or so
> if the left region and the top GNOME panel.

My monitor doesn't draw the top few lines of the screen when I've set the
vertical retrace interval too short (not a Thinkpad or LCD).  Maybe that's
related?

Mode "my_1024x768"
        Dotclock 60
        Htimings 1024 1080 1176 1232
        Vtimings 768 773 776 795
EndMode #        aaa bbb bbb aaa     The difference between aaa:s is
        #        the vertical retrace interval (in units of lines);
        #        the difference between bbb:s is the pulse width

CANCER:  The position of Jupiter says that you should spend the
rest of the week face down in the mud.  Try not to shove a roll of
duct tape up your nose when taking your driver's test.  -- Weird Al