[ltp] Re: help in troubleshooting ACPI drain with 2.6.10 please

Andreas linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:58:19 +0100

Hello,

> > And additional info about the power drain problem here...
> > http://www.thinkwiki.org/Problem_with_high_power_drain_in_ACPI_sleep
> Whoever did it, thanks. I added Jan-Hendriks script there as well (with
> fixed units and a few tiny modifications).

The script tells me that my T42p is not affected, but I think it contains a
sign error. $BAT_AFTER - $BAT_BEFORE is negative, but the difference should be
positive when compared to 1000.

BTW, if I suspend to ram my Thinkpad produces a high pitched noise which is
disturbing and probably it would save some battery power if it stopped doing
it. :-) Has anyone any idea what produces the sound and how to turn it off?
Removing the DVD drive does not help.

Andreas