[ltp] NAS with r/w access at boot time in fstab

Jim Hughes linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:21:59 -0500

Good afternoon all,

I am trying to get my FC3 box to mount my NAS box when it boots up
automatically.  The reason being is that I use the NAS to store all of
my documents and would like to have r/w access to them as a regular
user.  As of now the only way that I can write to the NAS is as root
from the command line.  I have tried several things and the latest on
seemed to work, but when it said that it was mounting the SMB share it
hung up.  Here is what I put in when it hung up:
//192.168.0.8/Disk-1 /media/nas/bugs/disk1    smbfs    rw,user,exec 0 0

In case it helps I am using NASLite-SMB for the NAS software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

--
"In a world without fences and walls, who needs Windows and Gates?"