[ltp] Hibernation file - extremely long boot delay

Stefan Förster linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 00:07:18 +0100

Hi all,

I have another question regarding my T22. I created the hibernation file
"SAVE2DISK.BIN" with the "IBM hibernation utility diskette for
standalone boot" (stndalhd.exe) on my /dev/hda1 FAT32 partition.

Creating a hibernation partition is no option since I already have 4
primary partitions which I need.

The problem is that the system needs about 2-3 minutes before the boot
process starts with heavy hard drive activity. I believe it checks the
file "SAVE2DISK.BIN" somehow. When I rename or delete the file
everything is normal again.

Does anybody know what to do in this case ?

Best wishes,

Stefan Förster