[ltp] Re-install default OS on a specified partition disk

Guillermo Latorre linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:32:59 +0100

> IIRC, Windows will install only if a partition its fdisk utility can
> see exsits.  It won't touch any of the existing Linux partitions.
> Things may have changed since I last played with Windows, but that was
> pretty much the way things used to be then.

Hello!!

well, now I have a primary NTFS partition as hda1, and my logic Linux
partition, where I have my Debian running fine.

I think I only have to do this: reboot the computer and press de Access
IBM Key, go to Utilities and double-click on Installation Program. Or
not?
When I do the double-click on that utility icon, then the Bios Menu
appears, with the Config, Date, Restart... sub-menus.

So I can't enter to the Installation program, beacause I exit from the
BIOS Menu and then the computer restarts, loading the LILO menu.

I think that double-click shouldn't carry me to the BIOS menu...

Any idea?

Thank you very much,
Guille