[ltp] interesting additions with the t23 and acpi

Michael Perry linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:29:20 -0800

I will probably have to write this on my forehead to remember it :).
I had the laptop suspending perfectly and then started getting these
eth0 warnings where there was too much activity when the laptop
suspended.  Pretty much this meant a reboot because I could not resume
things.  If you run into this on a T23 and perhaps earlier T-models,
check to see what ethernet driver you are using.  In my case, I was
using the older eepro100 driver and this seemed to cause problems.  I
switched over to the e100 driver and its all fine now.  I did notice
yet other wierdness with acpi suspends when I have a orinoco gold card
in the slot.  In this case, I get a kernel panic and bad interrupts
every time I come out of suspend.  This seems to be one to watch out
for and try to figure something out about.  Anybody else seen this on
a T23 with the latest bios?  I can use ndiswrapper or linuxant, but I
have to remove linuxant first using the command line tool called
dldrstop in my suspend scripts.

This laptop is running on debian unstable with a kernel.org 2. 6.9
kernel and regrettable early versions of ibm-acpi.  That needs some
attention too.
--
Michael Perry
meperry@gmail.com