[ltp] T30 glxgears hangs, other 3D works

Dexter Ang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:53:41 +0800

Hi folks,

I have a T30 right now running Ubuntu Hoary (which comes with x.org
6.8.1). Strange problem I have is that when running glxgears, my x.org
immediately locks up after showing glxgears' window but not showing
the gears. I can't switch to a console, but I can press the power
button and have acpi shutdown the machine properly. When I run a 3D
screensaver (GLMatix, for example), there are no problems. What's
strange is that I have a default xorg.conf, which is very similar with
my old Warty XF86Config file. Small differences are no refresh rates
for the monitor, and disabled horizontal scrolling on the synaptics
touchpad.

Unfortunately I'm not on my laptop right now so can't attach any
config files, logs, etc. But I'd be grateful for any help in
troubleshooting this. This is the first time I've had this happen.
I've run FC2 before (which I believe comes with x.org 6.7.0) which
worked perfectly.

Thanks in advance

dex