[ltp] Spare HDD for TP760XL

Cynthia Eliason linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:26:16 -0500

On Saturday 22 January 2005 12:50 pm, Mendel Cooper wrote:
> I believe that the largest HD that the 760XL BIOS can recognize is 4 GB,
> and you might have trouble with a larger one.

  I hadn't considered this in my plans for my 3 thinkpads.  I have a TP 600
with a 3G drive, and for Christmas  I bought a used A20M with a 12G drive,
and by mistake I bought a 701C Butterfly with no HD at all. (Impulse buy on
EBay, I failed to read the fine print!)   I bought a new 20G drive and put it
in the A20M, it is working fine.  My plan is to put the 12G drive in the 600,
and move the 3G drive into the Butterfly.
   Is this plan going to work, or will I have problems with drives being
incompatible?

--
Cynthia Eliason