[ltp] high pitch noises with ThinkPad 23

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:53:28 +0100

Hello,

I read

http://www.thinkwiki.org/Problem_with_high_pitch_noises

and I experienced some similar problem on my ThinkPad T23. Maybe I am
quite sensitive, but I heard annoying high pitch noises sometimes until I
omitted the ACPI kernel modules "processor" and "thermal" (as it depends
on "processor").

Since then I let my laptop work without "processor" and "thermal". When I
do a modprobe "processor" once the laptop booted, I get those high pitch
noises again.

Anyone with similar experiences? Anyone able to verify my observation?

I hope it won't have any impact on the other ACPI related problems I have
when I go without "processor" and "thermal". Since I use CPU frequency
scaling I think I do not really need those two ACPI modules.

Regards,