[ltp] recommendation on external DVD reader/writer

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 22:47:28 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, James McKenzie wrote:

> I would look at as many models as you can before making your purchasing
> decision.  I would demand DVD+ and DVD-.  Double layer is a nice plus
> but I would wait to see what happens as there are two 'standards' out there.

And the discs are prohibitively expensive, unles you NEED >4.2GB filespace
that you can't subdivide.

   Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
   would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.
                                                 -- Oliver Cromwell