[ltp] Please tell me my system board isn't hosed (EEPROM error)

Mark Mitchell linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:37:17 -0600

On Tue January 25 2005 7:34 pm, /dev/rob0 wrote:
> On Tuesday 25 January 2005 19:21, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > > stuff you can try like flashing the BIOS etc.
> >
> > Any tips on how I might do that?  I don't have a floppy drive, and it
> > doesn't get far enough in the POST to boot from the cdrom or HD.
>
> I'd ask around locally to see if someone would loan you one. I'd loan
> you mine, but if your "mn" means Minnesota it would take awhile to get
> there and back.
>
> Then again, if I know the ThinkPad BIOS, my guess would be that if you
> can't boot other devices, it won't boot a floppy either. :( Sorry.
>
> Did you read up about boot problems in the documentation? Let's see, I
> have to press F1 and maybe Enter or Escape and I think F1 again, on my
> 600. IOW, maybe it will boot if you try those things. Good luck.

I'd be more than happy to try that, but I bought this off ebay approx 2 weeks
ago, so I don't have any documentation.  If you could get back to me with a
title of that manual, it's possible I can find a PDF on ibm.com.  I know that
there's nothing like that in any of the pdf docs I've found thus far.

Thanks.
Mark