[ltp] Please tell me my system board isn't hosed (EEPROM error)

/dev/rob0 linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:34:07 -0600

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 19:21, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> > stuff you can try like flashing the BIOS etc.
>
> Any tips on how I might do that?  I don't have a floppy drive, and it
> doesn't get far enough in the POST to boot from the cdrom or HD.

I'd ask around locally to see if someone would loan you one. I'd loan
you mine, but if your "mn" means Minnesota it would take awhile to get
there and back.

Then again, if I know the ThinkPad BIOS, my guess would be that if you
can't boot other devices, it won't boot a floppy either. :( Sorry.

Did you read up about boot problems in the documentation? Let's see, I
have to press F1 and maybe Enter or Escape and I think F1 again, on my
600. IOW, maybe it will boot if you try those things. Good luck.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header