[ltp] [SOLVED]T40 ACPI and radeon. Thank you.

Pete Toscano linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 28 Jan 2005 17:20:00 -0500

Bob Alexander wrote:
> I am a Debianite :) My Power button is managed by the ibm-acpi module to
> be associated with shutdown. I normally use to press the left Fn blue
> button for a second or so to wake up the creature

Yeah, FC3 is pretty poorly configured for ACPI out of the box.  Well,
not poorly configured, just _not_ configured.  There's
/etc/acpi/{actions,events}, but nothing else.  Gotta populate that.  I
think I want to get the events working with ibm-acpi.

> swsusp2 went smooth from the very first time I tried. Obvious questions.
> Are you using the correct version ? Are you sleeping onto your swap
> partition ? Is the latter as large as you physical RAM (in my case 1GB
> RAM and 1GB swap). Here are my settings for 2.1.5.15

I'm using Volker's SRPM and tweaking it from there.  (Such as adding the
  ibm-acpi 0.10 stuff and adding my dmi config stuff to the right patch
file.)

I have a 1GB swap, which is the same as my memory, but maybe it's off by
just a few bytes.

My swsusp2 config-related stuff is the same as yours, except for the
following line...

> CONFIG_SOFTWARE_SUSPEND_DEFAULT_RESUME2="/dev/hda6"

I'm guessing it gets over-ridden on the kernel command line with
"resume2=" but I've got "swap:/dev/hda7" instead of just "/dev/hda7".
Should this make a difference?

> I have associated lid and Fn+F12 to swsusp2 and Fn+F4 to s3 sleep to
> RAM. hibernating is fast .. I would say around 10-15 seconds.

Sweet.  I look forward to having this working too.

I think I need to scrounge up a lot of ACPI scripts for this stuff.

Any suggestions on how to remap the S3 sleep resume function to the Fn
key (from the power button, in my case)?

Oh, what's your kernel command line look like?  I had picked up some
options that I thought might help, but now they might be cruft...

mine (skipping the non-related options):
pci=routeirq resume2=swap:/dev/hda7 acpi_sleep=s3_bios

I think the "pci=routeirq" might help ultrabay hot-swapping, but I'm not
100% on this.

Thanks,
pete