[ltp] T40, ACPI, and sleeping

Bill Wohler linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 11:42:52 -0800

p.s. I installed the Debian kernel-image-2.6.10-1-686 package, loaded
the ibm_acpi driver, and added the following two files to
/etc/acpi/events/Fn-F4 and /etc/acpi/sleep respectively, and got my T40p
to sleep and wake up without a hitch. However, if I "modprobe ath_pci"
the system hangs and if I run "/etc/init.d/hotplug start", the kernel
dumps core.

So, we're close to working out of the box. Let me know if there is
something I can try short of patching and compiling my own kernel.

/etc/acpi/events/Fn-F4:

  event=ibm/hotkey HKEY 00000080 00001004
  action=/etc/acpi/sleep

/etc/acpi/sleep:

  #! /bin/sh
  /etc/init.d/hotplug stop
  ifdown ath0
  rmmod ath_pci ath_rate_onoe ath_hal e1000
  sync
  echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep
  #/etc/init.d/hotplug start
  #modprobe ath_pci