[ltp] T43 questions (video and suspend to RAM)

Greg Macek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:54:48 -0500

Hi,

I upgraded to a T43 (model 2687D8U) and am running FC4. So far
everything is running great. It found all my hardware, including SATA
HDD controller. Video is running fine with the standard Xorg driver for
the ATI X300 chipset (1400x1050 is awesome!). Is it even worth
downloading and installing ATI's drivers? Is performance notably better
? Is power management better?

However, the problem comes when trying to put it into sleep mode. It
goes to sleep fine and even tries to resume. But the hard drive light
just stays lit and I can't do anything with the computer until I hard
reboot it. Has anyone gotten Suspend to RAM working yet? Should I just
try hibernate instead? I did see this on ThinkWiki
http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_make_ACPI_work#Suspend_to_RAM_.28Sleep.29

Any pointers are appreciated. Thanks.

Greg