[ltp] [OT] thinkpad resistant for inline skating?

George Yanos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 15:44:54 -0500 (CDT)

For what it is worth, I take my thinkpad (now a t42, once a 701, aka
butterfly) back and forth through one of the less gentrified sections of
Chicago, about 9 miles, on bicycle.  It is suspended to RAM.  Sometimes it
rides in a backpack, sometimes in a backpack stuffed in a pannier hanging
over the back wheel.  They have all been happy with the ride.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, slack _usr wrote:

>> I assume you refer to transporting a *switched off* Thinkpad in a
>> backpack while inline skating. I don't think that is a problem, unless
>> you don't fall on it accidentally :)
> Yes, turned off, yes, I know that it will be my fault if will fall :).
> I've just wanted to know, is it safe to transport my laptop not so
> nicely :).
>

> Thanks to all.

* George Yanos     *                                                *
* UTC at UIC       *                                                *
* 312-413-0059(w)  *                                                *
* 708-848-4221(h)  *                                                *
* gyanos@uic.edu   *                                                *