[ltp] Re: AW: Re: Re: T41 Atheros SuSE 9.3 Not working ?

Wed, 6 Jul 2005 21:37:55 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Shannon McMackin wrote:

> Suse 9.3 finally includes the madwifi driver.  However, upon initial
> installation, I found that YAST calls the interface something like
> wlanid-ath0-(mac address).  If I catch it and just call it ath0, then ifup
> ath0 works like a charm.  I left it at dhcp and it found my ap without an
> issue.
>
> I'm now on to FC4 which still requires CVS and compiling unless you use one
> of the other repos...
>
> Shannon

Oh that's handy, didn't know SuSE included it.  The problem is, CVS
is updated so often...

Yes, it's not included in Fedora - might be time to drop some hints
to the Extras or Livna maintainer.  I might do so, but I suspect
because it's a constantly moving target, they may not want to.

The ATrpms repository for Fedora does have madwifi RPMs for the
modules, but I honestly can't recommend using ATrpms - too many odd
dependencies for me.  I have a spec file with which you can build an
RPM if you like.

Honey