[ltp] Operating temp spec: does anyone really know?

Joe Christy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 08 Jul 2005 08:59:00 -0700

While the list has produced vast amounts of empirical data (thanks to
Borislav Deianov's exemplary ibm-acpi), does anyone really _know_ what
the operating temperature specs for the various components are? I mean
what the component designers tell the IBM/Levono engineers?

The only fact I have been able to uncover is that, according to Intel's
"Intel(r) Pentium(r) M(r) Processor Datasheet" the Pentium 745 in my
T42p (2379-DYU) is supposed to operate under T_j = 100 C.

I'm especially curious about the GPU, ATI Mobility FireGL T2 M10, and
mini-PCI wireless card, IBM a/b/g wireless (Atheros 5001X+ chipset).
They are consistently the two warmest bits of my laptop. I, at least,
have been unable to find temperature specs on either the ATI or Atheros
web sites.

--
------------------ http://public.xdi.org/=joe.christy ------------------