[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:52:56 -0400 (EDT)

> > The bios is set for economy, and I have have the cpufreq_ondemand
> > loaded.

> 	Try using the conservative governor, you'll see improved
> battery life out of it. Also, don't forget to set DynamicClocks to
> "true" in your X configuration (under 'Section "Device"'). This will
> change the video clockrate to squeeze even more life out of the
> battery.

	After further checking on my own machine, I just noticed that
the 'radeon' and 'ati' drivers do *NOT* use DynamicClocks, at least
not the ones in xorg and XFree86 as shipped with Debian or built from
CVS sources.

	(**) RADEON(0): Option "BackingStore"
	(**) RADEON(0): Backing store enabled
	(==) RADEON(0): Silken mouse enabled
	(II) RADEON(0): Using software cursor
	(WW) RADEON(0): Option "DynamicClocks" is not used

	Ah well... too bad for me.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com