[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:12:58 -0400 (EDT)

> The bios is set for economy, and I have have the cpufreq_ondemand loaded.

	Try using the conservative governor, you'll see improved
battery life out of it. Also, don't forget to set DynamicClocks to
"true" in your X configuration (under 'Section "Device"'). This will
change the video clockrate to squeeze even more life out of the
battery.

	According to IBM, I should be getting 5+ hours out of these
batteries (I have two with my T42p, both are the type that stick out
the back of the laptop... I've been told that these are the "high"
capacity batteries, so I guess the T42p doesn't even ship with
"normal" capacity batteries).

	According to my little battery script:

$ battery
present:                 yes