[ltp] Beginner: best starter config

Sean O Sullivan linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:13:00 +0100

Davide Eletto wrote:
> Dear All,
> Can anyone of you give me a suggestion for the best linux distribution
> for my Thinkpad T21?

Beginner - SuSe, Fedora Core, Ubuntu, Mandrake.

Personally, Fedora Core, however if you want out-of-the-box working I'd
suggest SuSe.
(I am unsure of Ubuntu, wasn't keen on it myself, so I'm sure it too is
fairly easy to get up and running very quickily with all drivers etc,
same goes for Mandrake).

I tried SuSe for a while, it seemed to pick everything up & have drivers
included, so that is probably the reason I would recommend it if your
starting out and just want to get something to play/work with straight away.

Regards,

Sean