[ltp] poll: how is your battery? (9-cell-battery lost about 25% capacity in 10 months)

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 21:31:34 -0400 (EDT)

> Two items to never buy on ebay are hard drives and batteries unless
> you are dealing with a seller that you have learned to trust from
> previous deals.

 	...and laptops[1] (Yes, that was me)

> When you run into one of these ~!@#$ neither ebay or paypal will do
> one damn thing to help you.

 	Using your credit card to pay via PayPal should offer you the
same protection as paying with your credit card directly. Your credit
card company should be able to handle the fraudulent purchase and
refund your money. Since you were not shipped what you paid for as
advertised, the contract was not fulfilled.

> I really think that as soon as an online auction comes along that
> figures out how do something about the crooks that seem to be taking
> over ebay, ebay will become history.

 	If there's the potential of monetary gain, someone somewhere
will find dozens of ways around the system to gain from it.

[1] http://www.advogato.org/person/hacker/diary.html?start=138

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com

d.

perldoc -qa.j | perl -lpe '($_)=m("(.*)")'