[ltp] T42p and open source hardware accelerated OpenGL = SUCCESS

Thu, 14 Jul 2005 12:07:04 +0200

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:50:28 +0200, Frank Fiene wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2005 22:16 schrieb Dax Kelson:
> > I have my T42p running Fedora Core v4.
> >
> > I've been lurking on the dri-devel mailing list and following with
> > interest development of the hardware accelerated OpenGL r300 driver.
> > Recent reports having been saying that it has been working well
> > without lockups on Radeon 9600 hardware.
>
> That's great!
>
> Could you please mail some links, where you've downloaded these files or
> design a web site with all your experiences? But if you've the links, i
> can do the web page.

http://r300.sourceforge.net/R300.php

You need the CVS version of Mesa, as well as a patched X.org 6.8.2 (or
X.org CVS), and the r300 driver from the URL above, which also contains
a README with detailed instructions.

In the current state, it may be hard for non-experienced users, but
there seems to be progress towards merging the r300 driver into the DRM
and Mesa CVS, which may be included in X.org some day, so this should
work out of the box.

Regards,
Tino