[ltp] Alien Forces? Electro-Magnetic fields? My Thinkpad T42 is possessed.

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:45:48 -0600

Hi,

	Yes, believe it or not. This is my problem: T42
I took my baby lappy to the beach this weekend and this is what happens.
The PC would hard lock once in Linux, would BSOD in Windows and then not
start again. At all.
I have unplugged the PC, used another battery, unplugged everything and
pressed the power button. bla bla... Wont' work.

She won't start. The HD spins, Fans work, Disk Tray can be opened, but I get
no video nor Hard Drive activity.

The odd thing, is that this happen to me once before, I took the PC to the
same place, same desk and gave me the same exact problem. 1 Week later, it
simply booted and gave no more problems, until now that I was in the same
place. I really want to know why this is happening.

PC was not exposed to sand, or was even close to the beach.
Temp was about 30C but I anyway turned it inside, so, no direct contact to
the Sun.
Humidity is HIGH, but I don't see how that affects.
Power was OK, I even tried with different battery, so it was not really a
power issue.
I did notice the Battery symbol blinked like 3 times, which is something I
have only seen once before, which was the last time this happened.

I really don't know what could be the problem. I'm praying for things to
work in about a week or some days.

Any idea?

.Alejandro