[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Manuel Carro linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:35:40 +0200

    An alternative option is not to use the S3 state, but to use
software suspend.  It is slower than suspend to ram, but it seems to
be very reliable, and it is much faster than turning off and on -- not
to say your applications, etc. are saved.  Matthias Hensler
(http://mhensler.de/swsusp/) maintains patched FC4 kernels.  Intall
his mkinitrd (this should be done first), the hibernation scripts, and
the kernel.  You may have to tweak the /etc/acpi events and actions (I
do not know what FC4 does by default, as I did that by hand time ago).

|Manuel Carro --- Facultad de Informática -- U. Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) |
|mcarro_at_fi_dot_upm_dot_es --- Ph: +34-91336-7455 --- FAX: +34-91336-7412 |
|http://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/~mcarro - http://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/Software/Ciao|