[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:02:46 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005, Manuel Carro wrote:

>    An alternative option is not to use the S3 state, but to use
> software suspend.

Sure is, but I'd like (a) my cake and (b) to eat it too please.
I've been using swsusp2 for a year or so, but recently had real
problems with file corruption, hopefully in the process of being
solved.  Matthias Hensler's kernel is a real boon and makes swsusp2
easy to use, but recent fsck -y's (because there's so many errors!) of
30 minutes every now and again are understandably making me reticient.
Never lost data, but sometimes taken hours to recover it.  See the
thread on the suspend2-users list for details on the work Matthias
and the (very helpful) swsusp2 people have put into this so far.

Thus my questions about reducing power drain in S3 which I've nearly
solved!  But I just can't figure out how to fix console resolution
with radeonfb at boot time, if radeonfb is a module --preload'ed into
the initrd, thus my last mail. *Someone* must have done it!