[ltp] more /dev/thinkpad

Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:22:20 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Tom Adelstein wrote:

> On 7/17/05, honey@gneek.com <honey@gneek.com> wrote:
>> In the meantime, I'm just playing with the spec file to build an RPM
>> for it from Dag Wieers' RPM, which is quite outdated and for kernel
>> 2.4. It looks like I have it at least building now, but it needs a
>> little tweaking.  If anyone's interested, I'll send back my spec file
>> to Dag, and I guess he'll include an updated RPM soon.  Or if you're
>> ok for building your own RPM from a spec file (it'll need rebuilding
>> for each new kernel) I could send it to anyone, if wanted.
>
> That would be a great service. I would be very grateful. Also, I'm
> guessing but the Thinkpad seems to be a very popular choice.

Happy to if it's of help and people don't mind build from spec files
for now.  To be honest, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what
you all want tpctl/configure-thinkpad for!  Being an ACPI user, a lot
of the functions are invalid for me anyway, being APM-based.  I've
never really seen what it's useful for.