[ltp] Re: Re: ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Tue, 19 Jul 2005 14:47:44 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Volker Braun wrote:

>> My problem remains that I can't make radeonfb use resolutions other
>> than the LCD native one, and it's documented everywhere that I should
>> be able to.
>
> Last time I checked (a good while ago), radeonfb also had problems using
> the kernel command line parameters to set resolution and color depth.
> However, I can switch them manually just fine using "fbset".
>
> Volker

Thanks Volker - very useful, I didn't know this worked with radeonfb,
as I always used vesafb (in which it doesn't).

The problem is that swsusp2 still think my console resolution is
1400x1050 after using fbset to change it to 1024x768!  Hmm... time to
talk to the developers...