[ltp] How to use special mouse keys on t42p

Eben King linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 09:00:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Henrik Brix Andersen wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:09 +0200, Steffen Dreise wrote:
> > Im trying to get the two keys under the touchepad working but dont have
> > any success. Does anybody have a idea. I would like to use it for
> > surfing with firefox for back and forwarding.
> > I was look on linuxonlaptops and some other pages but seams the nobody
> > is using this keys?
>
> As you can see in
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~brix/papers/X31/X31.html#sect-x11-config the
> "microsoftinet" XkbModel supports the forward/backward buttons out of
> the box.
>
> How to assign them to forward/backward in firefox is beyond my
> knowledge, I just use them for switching between virtual desktops.

Looks like the first hit:

http://www.google.com/search?q=thinkpad+%28forward+OR+next%29+%28back+OR+previous%29+keys+%22how+to%22
=
http://wombatlink.com/?459x21ccnw

PISCES:  Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
You are the Lord of the Dance, no matter what those idiots at
work say.  -- Weird Al, _Your Horoscope for Today_