[ltp] ACPI S3 power drain and Thinkpad Wiki/radeonfb

Chris Vanden Berghe linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 21 Jul 2005 17:57:56 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

> Clark just answered actually (I thought I'd sent this):
> # modprobe radeonfb radeon_force_sleep=1
>
> (you can check available options with modinfo -p radeonfb).

modinfo -p radeonfb gives me:

default_dynclk:int: -2=enable on mobility only,-1=do not change,0=off,1=on
noaccel:bool: disable acceleration
nomodeset:bool: disable actual setting of video mode
mirror:bool: mirror the display to both monitors
force_dfp:bool: force display to dfp
ignore_edid:bool: Ignore EDID data when doing DDC probe
monitor_layout:Specify monitor mapping (like XFree86)
force_measure_pll:Force measurement of PLL (debug)
nomtrr:bool: disable use of MTRR registers
panel_yres:int: set panel yres

So, the radeon_force_sleep option doesn't seem to be there (standard
2.6.12-2 kernel).  I will try this evening if the option has any effect
on the power consumption...

Thanks,
Chris.