[ltp] fglrx on T43 2668-74G

Joshua Megerman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:36:55 -0400

On Friday 22 July 2005 07:34, Marcel Selhorst wrote:
> Hi list, hi Pbt,
>
> thanks for the detailled howto, but unfortunately it didn't help.
> My Gentoo already applies those patches to the kernel module in order
> to make it compiling. (But I tried the manual way, too without success).
> I was also able to get rid of the "unresolved symbol"-things by simply
> adding "Load fglrxdrm" in my xorg.conf. But when my X comes up, my display
> (LCD as well as connected CRT) get dark and I am not able to switch
> consoles or anything else. Connect to my Laptop using SSH, I was able to
> dump some log-data.

I've noticed the same problem, though gentoo currently only applies 2 of the 3
patches that were posted last night.  I've switched back to 2.6.11 for now in
the hopes that the gentoo team will resolve it internally, but if not I may
take the time to tweak the ebuild to include the
fglrx-2.6.12-new-agpgart.patch and see if that helps.  If I do it and it
does, I'll submit it to the gentoo dev team to get it put into the tree...

Josh