[ltp] fglrx on T43 2668-74G

Marcel Selhorst linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 23 Jul 2005 16:10:41 +0200

Hi Josh,

wow! I still just don't believe it, Tux is eating fish again ;-))
Thanks a lot, Josh! (Although I applied those patches manually, it
didn't work until your new ebuild...)

That Gentoo-ebuild works, and for those who do not know how to
Overlay the portage tree, here a short howto, how it worked for me:

Create an approriate portage-dir somewhere

- mkdir /home/portage-overlay
- mkdir /home/portage-overlay/media-video
- mkdir /home/portage-overlay/media-video/ati-drivers
- cp /usr/portage/media-video/ati-drivers/*
/home/portage-overlay/media-video/ati-drivers -R
- echo 'PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/home/portage-overlay"' >> /etc/make.conf

then copy the new ebuild into /home/portage-overlay/media-video/ati-drivers
and the new patches into subdir files and type:

- ebuild /home/portage-overlay/media-video/ati-drivers/ati-drivers-8.14.13-r2.ebuild
digest

Afterwards simply

- emerge ati-drivers

load the fglrx-module, restart X and that's it.

Thanks again and best regards,

Marcel Selhorst