[ltp] GPS receiver

Albin Blaschka linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 14:17:08 +0200

Crispian Thorne schrieb:
> I have been fooling around with GPSDrive and am very impressed. However
> I can't seem to get my ancient Garmin GPS 12 to talk to it, so I'm
> considering getting a new GPS receiver- one of the "mouse" type ones
> that's pretty much just an antenna.
[...]

Hello,

I own a Garmin GPS 12 Map with no problems talking to GPSDrive both
under Debian and Ubuntu (TP R40). I don't know the differences between
the two units, but maybe...

Which problems do you have? Have you started GPSDrive from a terminal
window and did you see any error-messages?
Two ideas...
* Did you set NMEA as protocoll?
* Have you tried to start GPSDrive as root => right-problems talking to
  the device (that was the case at first I had...)

some thoughts...

best wishes,
Albin